Learning about history can be fun, but it’s funnier if the wrong photos are attached. Think of your favorite Ken Burns documentary. Now, substitute the real Civil War images with images from Captain America: Civil War. Well, that’s corny. Luckily, the funny people who contribute to Reddit’s r/fakehistoryporn are much darker than I am.
If I had a textbook with these photos attached to real-world events, I might have gotten a higher score on my AP tests in high school. Sadly, I didn’t care about history books/biographies until this year, thus fulfilling the prophecy that all middle-aged dudes who read a lot eventually become obsessed with World War 2. Next stop, spy novels!
Fortunately, if you’re trying to learn more about history without reading, this group has you covered.
Here are the funny and wrong photos people attached to real events from history:
1. Jeff Bezos catches an employee taking a bathroom break (2016, colorized)
2. Switzerland (c. 1939)
3. Protestant Reformation (1517-1648)
4. A gender reveal party for a Little Boy goes wrong, killing thousands (6 August 1945)
5. Al Capone discussing The Valentine’s Day Massacre (1928)
6. Trickle Down Economics is Invented, (1369, Colorized)
7. A country in the Middle East puts up a sign to fool the US so it won’t invade, (2003)
8. The Cambodian Genocide (1975-1979)
9. FBI investigates the death of Jeffrey Epstein, August 2019
10. Aug 6, 1945, Hiroshima bombing survivor gazes over city remains
11. Ozzy Osbourne meets John Lennon (1975)
12. The Great Depression ( picture taken in 1935)
13. Christopher Columbus arrives in the new world (1492)
14. Dido, Eminem and Dr Dre writing the lyrics for Stan 1999
15. Thomas Edison and his wife Mary Stilwell two days before inventing light bulb. (1879)
16. Sarah Conner removes the T-800’s CPU (1991)
17. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin: ‘Power to the Soviets’, rally for revolution – 1917
18. Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’ being shown at the Globe Theatre. 
19. The Oracle of Delphi gives its predictions (650BCE)
20. The founders of Reddit announce their website to the world on TV (2005)
21. West German and East German Family Members Hug over the Berlin Wall. Circa 1989.
22. Martin Luther (1521)
23. The start of American Civil War, 1861
24. The American Revolutionary War begins (1775).
25. Roman Emperor Julius Caesar is overthrown (44BC)
26. Grandparent’s walk to school (1939)
27. Banking system collapse, 1930
28. English soldier killed by a French spear, Battle of Hastings (1066)
29. Christopher Columbus’s expedition (1492)
30. Confederate monument is removed after violent protests in Charlottesville (2017)
31. The War of 1812 (1812)
32. George Bush after 9/11 (2001)
33. Louis XVI is sentenced to death by guillotine during the French Revolution, (1793)
See more: r/fakehistoryporn