Education is a tough racket. For one, the government comes around every once in a while and tells you how and what to teach. Then, they take money away from libraries. Also, the jokes in textbooks, by and large, are not funny. On top of all that, kids are pretty distractable and don’t love reading per se.
Fortunately, there are stellar writers putting together textbooks as we speak. Thankfully, the good people of Reddit who actually do their homework caught all the funny textbook jokes the world has to offer.
Honestly, I miss school. Mostly, I miss when reading was my “job.” I’d miss it even more if I could have read one or two jokes in a Physics book. I’d probably understand Physics too. Actually, it seems like the end goal for understanding physics is hitting a wall where you can’t explain why any of it’s happening. Thanks a lot, Einstein!
Yeah. Albert Einstein doesn’t get enough shit for confusing us all. Or for helping us make those bombs. Well, one of the jokes below explains what he gave us. Enjoy!
Here are the funniest nerdy jokes people found in real textbooks:
1. It’s good to be self-aware.
2. Break things up with a funny textbook joke.
3. Had to do it to ’em.
4. Thank you, doctor.
5. I hope this one was a joke.
6. Good work, Physics book.
7. Chemistry just got a little sinister.
9. Easy to remember now.
10. Wow, that is dark but helpful!
11. Nerds are afraid of many situations that will never happen.
12. Let’s understand what we’re studying here.
13. Thank you. Extremely necessary.
14. First Aid book. They said it all.
15. This is how people learn to code.
16. Correction: after writing ANY book.
17. What the hell is happening here?
18. Quick break.
19. Good to know.
20. I never thought about this and now it’s all I’ll ever think about.
21. I’ll make short work of this!
23. Why bother?
24. Summing it all up at the start.
25. The nerdiest of Dad Jokes.
26. Why not?
28. Never forget what shear means in a mathematical context ever again.
I hope you all feel smarter after reading these nerdy jokes.